Fashion Crossover Pop-ups: Call for Vendors
About Fashion PMQ
September this year in Hong Kong is all about FASHION!
To echo the call from HKSAR government to boost the local fashion industry, Hong Kong Design Centre is going to organise a first of the kind fashion carnival which will run through 7-19 September at PMQ and around Hong Kong. The fashion carnival includes Fashion Mart, Crossover Pop-ups, fashion & lifestyle exhibitions, workshops and live performance etc. It is a valuable opportunity to nurture future local “fash-preneurs” in a scaled fashion B2C event in complement to the CentreStage, a concurrent B2B fashion event organised by HKTDC , and definitely a great fun for all fashion lovers to livening up their wardrobe and accessories rack!
About Fashion Crossover Pop-ups
The best ideas come as jokes; great designs come from collision.
One of the feature programmes in Fashion PMQ is Fashion Crossover Pop-ups where 5 pop-up stores will be scattered around PMQ for around 2 weeks. Each pop-up store shall house at least one fashion designer and another one or more designers/ artists from other disciplines. The pair/group is require to collaborate a crossover project and to co-curate the pop-up unit together. This pop-up unit will not only provides a temporary selling space at a bargain rate to young designers/ creative talents, but also a place which foster collaboration, inspiration and creativity.
On top of the fun collaboration, all crossover pop-up stores will enjoy a holistic promotional support via HKDC’s engagement with media partners.
Who should apply ?
- Local emerging fashion designers, jewellery and fashion accessories’ designers
- Local creative professionals from design/ art background with own brand/ business/ or planning to have own brand/ business
- Local graphic/ visual designers, Illustrators, Photographers, Product designers, Spatial designers, designers and Artists from all disciplines, with own signature style/ creative approach
A fashion designer is welcome to pair-up with one or more designers/ artists from other disciplines to apply for 1 pop-up unit through a single application.
Each pair/ group of designers/ artists is required to submit a brief proposal of their crossover project (attachment 1) together with a completed application form (attachment 2). They are encouraged to execute, display the project result and/or sell the final crossover product during the pop-up store period. However, an exhibition of their design concept of the crossover inside the pop-up store could serve as a replacement for those cannot meet the production timeline. The essence of the Pop-up store is to encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration and jamming of new creative ideas.
Please send the proposal together with the completed application form to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 August 2016 (Fri) 3pm. Late submission will not be considered.
- Selection criteria will be based on the originality, design concept, uniqueness, etc. The Organiser’s vetting committees reserve the right to make final decision on the submitted products with no obligation to provide reasons to applicants.
- Successful applicants will be notified within 2nd week of August 2016 via email.
Pop up Store Size (standard)
7m (L) x 3.8m (W)
- Participant are required to fitting-out their own pop-up store, no furniture and equipment will be provided by the organizer
- Participants are required to reinstall the assigned pop-up store as original state, otherwise will be subjected to penalty
- Participation Fee for each pop-up store: HK$12,000* (Including electricity, water and air conditioning)
- Refundable Deposit: HK$6,000
Successful applicants are required to pay the Participation Fee (by cash or cheque) and the Refundable Deposit (by cheque only) on or before 15 August 2016 to confirm their participation. Participation fee paid is non-refundable.
Term and Condition
Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions before submitting application, please click here for review.
3pm on 5 August 2016 (Fri)
|Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F Innocentre, 72 Tat Chee Ave, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, HK
5 August 2016(Fri)
Deadline of Application
2nd week of August 2016
22 August 2016 (Mon)
Design-preneurs Training Course
|7-19 September 2016
|Refer to the operation period below
Fashion Crossover Pop-ups
PMQ Pop-up Studio
|Operating Days and hours on 7,8,12-19th September
|Mon-Fri: 1pm – 8pm
Sat, Sun & Public Holidays: 11am – 8pm
|Operating Days and hours on 9-10th September
|11am – 10pm
|Operating Days and hours on 11th September
11am – 9pm
Move-in / Move-out date
6 Sep/ 20 Sept
Supporting Event - ITALY: A New Collective Landscape
10am - 8pm
Supporting Event - Digital Economy Summit 2024 Smarter Technovation for All: Forging a Sustainable Future
Supporting Event - Ma Yansong: Landscapes in Motion
10am - 8pm
‘Design for Asia: DFA Awards 2023’ for Sale Now
4 December 2023 12:00am - 1 April 2024 12:00am