BODW & KODW
Senior Project Manager - Events & Marketing
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Report to Programme Director and lead an event and marketing team for HKDC's annual flagship programmes: Business of Design Week, Knowledge of Design Week and bodw+ (digital design knowledge platform);
- Undertake effective project and event management, including budgetary planning and control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities;
- Responsible for launching new initiatives, funding application, pitching projects, pitching sponsorship and partnership, and build international networks covering Greater Bay Areas;
- To build productive relationships within and across teams covering programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure highly quality learning and engaging experience;
- To be well connected with the event and conference industry with good links with international service providers, agencies and business partners;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University graduate;
- With at least 10 years post-graduation work experience; with at least 5 years’ experience in a team leadership role with good coaching skills, global horizons and ability to navigate complexity in an innovation setting;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Strong project management skills with experience in managing international projects. Creative leadership, integrity, negotiation skills, and problem-solving skills;xperience in event, digital media, digital marketing, digital portal development, and networking and partnership;
- Work experience in creative agencies, international media and art and design related programmes is preferrable, Excellent presentation skills;
- A keen learner with multi-tasking, self-starter and team player with enterprising creativity, good research and problem-solving ability, creative confidence, an inquisitive mind to inspire learning, participation and collaboration among diverse stakeholder communities;
- A professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct and internal reporting and compliance requirements;
- Good sensibility to design, trends and technology will be a clear advantage;
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager;
- Immediately available preferred.
More information about BODW & KODW:
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 September 2023. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.