BODW & KODW
(Senior) Project Manager - Events & Marketing
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Strategic planning, development and implementation for events (physical, virtual and hybrid) and marketing; building the new knowledge legacy for Hong Kong Design Centre;
- Report to Director - Innovation & Design Knowledge and work with partners to produce the Centre's annual flagship knowledge conference: Business of Design Week, Knowledge of Design Week and events throughout the years; manage the digital knowledge platform and build international networks covering Greater Bay Areas;
- Undertake effective project and event management, including budgetary planning and control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities;
- Responsible for launching new initiatives, funding application, pitching projects; and undertaking effective project management;
- To build productive relationships within and across teams covering programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure highly quality learning and engaging experience;
- To be well connected with the event and conference industry with good links with international service providers, agencies and business partners; and
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University graduate;
- With at least 10 years post-graduation work experience; with at least 5 years' experience in a team leadership role with good coaching skills, global horizons and ability to navigate complexity in an innovation setting;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Experience in hybrid & virtual event, digital marketing, digital portal development, and networking and partnership;
- A keen learner, self-starter and team player with enterprising creativity, good research and problem-solving ability, creative confidence, an inquisitive mind, tact and programming skill to inspire learning, participation and collaboration among diverse stakeholder communities;
- Experience in launching new initiatives, funding application, pitching projects; and undertaking effective project management meeting governance requirements and deliver good outcomes and impact; and with sense of urgency and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
- A professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct and internal reporting and compliance requirements;
- Creative leadership, integrity, negotiation skills, and problem-solving skills;
- Good sensibility to design, trends and technology will be a clear advantage; and
- Candidate with less experience (at least 8 years) will be considered as Manager.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21 Jun2021. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.