Senior Manager (9-month contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Assist Business Development Director on Government relations, public relations with corporates and district councils, community groups and key opinion leaders in particular at SSP;
- Conduct workshops, field research and prepare funding proposal, budget and execution plan;
- Reporting to Business Development Director, as part of the enterprising team to deliver creative projects from concepts through to implementation in particular on design research, placemaking, festival production/event management, education programme and community activation. Your role is to bring a strong conceptual approach and a keen understanding of design thinking process, 3-dimensional space and the role of design and interventions at public space; and
- Support other project managers and designers within the team in addition to working on your own projects (in collaboration and guidance from the Business Development Director) and play a key role in liaising with vendors / partners through to final site inspections.
- University Graduate;
- Min. 8 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in managerial capacity;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English & Chinese;
- Specialised in Architecture, Interior Design, Design Management or related disciplines, ideally with, a diverse sector/discipline experience;
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization;
- Strong cultural project, architectural & placemaking experience;
- Strategic and Design Thinking, with creative flair and able to connect the dots;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams;
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests;
- Ownership, accountability and committed;
- A good cultural fit with a passion for design and the industry;
- An appreciation for style, and well presented; and
- Cultural project curatorship experience is highly preferable.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com on or before 6 Oct 2022. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.