Project Manager (12-month Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC
To plan, develop and execute regular programmes and public events for Design Spectrum with partnership building, exchange and education activities. He / She will play a key role in liaising with vendors / partners through to final site inspections.
- Curating, co-ordinating and planning Design Appreciation Events and other public events;
- Working closely with exhibition team to plan and deliver exhibitions;
- Performing duty as workshop in-house trainer;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationship with local and overseas event partners;
- Undertake effective research, project management and development to ensure the quality of the programme.
- University graduate with min. 8 years relevant experience with at least 3 years in managerial capacity;
- Resourceful with creative thinking, network and flair in working with diverse stakeholders;
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization;
- Experience in public education, design/ art education in cultural or other related organisations would be an advantage;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests;
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, include Sat/Sun and Public Holidays;
- Immediate availability preferred.
More information about Design Spectrum:
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose