Manager – Programmes
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team.
Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager in strategic development, programming, experiential delivery and reporting matters of HKDC’s flagship programmes (physical, virtual and hybrid): Business of Design Week and Knowledge of Design Week;
- Supervise the work progress and undertake effective management, including event operations, audience recruitment, partnership and sponsorship, budgetary control, timely reporting, research & data analysis, assessment of outcomes and impacts of related activities;
- Coordinate with professional service providers and liaise with internal and external parties across non-profit organizations and private sectors, including sponsors, business partners, speakers, vendors and other stakeholders;
- Able to build productive networks and industry network and negotiation with different stakeholders;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University graduate with at least 8 years of relevant work experience in content-centric event / exhibition / project management, communications or related fields in both hands-on and supervisory role;
- Seasoned experience in planning and delivery international conferences and events of different scales;
- Creative leadership, strong organization, coordination, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills;
- Can-do attitude with professionalism and accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct, internal reporting and compliance requirements;
- Able to meet deadlines and fulfill statutory, internal reporting and compliance requirements;
- Good communication skills, including written English and Chinese;
- Ability to work independently and attentive to details;
- Good sensibility to design, trends and technology will be a clear advantage.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24 October, 2020. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.