BODW & KODW
Graphic Design Manager (12-month contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Working closely with the Programme Director and the Event and Marketing team for HKDC’s flagship programmes: Business of Design Week (BODW), Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) and bodw+ (the new development of digital design knowledge platform);
- Strong project management in design projects;
- Develop creative concept and graphic design layout for both digital marketing and print work and video production;
- Communicate closely with marketing team to develop branding and promotion campaigns including but not limited to flyer, poster and online marketing promotion materials e.g., eDM, social media visual etc. and
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University graduate in Graphic / Multimedia Design or related disciplines;
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in which minimum 3 years at supervisory level with solid leading and management experience in multi-media design team / creative team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chinese;
- Multi-media design experience in graphic, typography, branding, motion graphic, digital ads, website and video, etc.;
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Powerpoint;
- Strong in creative concept, design development and presentation skills;
- A team player with good communications and interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and negotiation skills;
- Able to work independently and attentive to details;
- A professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct and internal reporting and compliance requirements; and
- Strong design portfolio included in your CV is a MUST.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28 June 2022. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.