Audit and Compliance Manager
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Develop long-term strategy and provide independent and objective assurance to the Audit Committee and Senior Management of the Organisation on the management of risk throughout the Organisation;
- Formulate audit plan to cover the entire operations of the Organisation and carry out effective and professional audits; identify risks, and provide appropriate and constructive recommendations on identified control deficiencies;
- Develop appropriate approach and enhance proficiencies through implementing appropriate audit standards, methodologies and process;
- Formulate compliance policies and procedures and obtain management approval for implementation;
- Provide advisory services to other teams on internal control, risk and compliance matters upon requests;
- Assist in external financial audits by way of working closely with Finance team and external auditors;
- Maintain effective communication with Board, Senior Management, Audit Committee and internal staff;
- Identify uncertainties and potential risk, and provide advice and solutions to tackle;
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree with relevant professional qualification(s);
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in internal auditing, and/or with a combination of external auditing and operational risk management in major corporations and/or public sector, knowledge and experience gained in NGO/public sector would be highly advantageous;
- Competency in analytical, communication, and report writing skills, and with a keen eye for detail;
- Demonstrable skills in leading and productively interacting with audit committee and the Board of Directors and with Senior Management and colleagues;
- Self-discipline and initiative, with ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent activities in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to discharge duties with professionalism, ethics, tact and compliance with corporate governance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com on or before 04 September 2020. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.