Assistant Marketing Manager (Contract ends on 31 Jul 2023)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Effectively scout, source, identify and suggest quality design-related projects & talents from local and overseas for Design Spectrum Pop-up shop (DS Pop-up)'s content enrichment and potential collaboration and partnership;
- Effectively support in organise, execute and support the operation of Design Spectrum programme like exhibitions, events, and docent tours as required;
- Implement marketing and promotion plan for the DS Pop-up and Design Spectrum programme, especially for engaged design projects in DS shop to build heightened awareness and for expanding reach and impact;
- Generate and engage quality offline and online content to meet different programme objectives;
- Liaise and coordinate with both internal and external parties on daily operations;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required; and
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, include Sat/Sun and Public Holidays;
- University graduate with min. 6 years preferably in design, culture, art, language studies, marketing & communications, or related field;
- Experience in marketing & management for retail shop and content creation for website and social media platforms;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese, with a flair for storytelling preferred;
- Demonstration of strong interest in promoting design thinking, design knowledge and design industry;
- Sensibility to culture, design trends and technology; understanding of the use of digital technologies for knowledge sharing would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Chinese Word Processing; familiar with design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat etc.) is an advantage; and
- Immediate availability preferred.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4 Oct 2022. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.