Assistant Finance Manager
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts, month-end and year-end closing process
- Prepare, record and analyze accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with corporate governance policies & procedures, government funding guidelines, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors, regulatory bodies and other professionals in performing project audit and other regulatory compliance
- Assist in preparing management & financial reports, annual budgeting and financial analysis
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance or related disciplines with CPA qualifications
- At least 5 years’ relevant working experience, preferably gained from non-profit organizations
- Proficiency in Sunsystems and excellent skills in Excel software is a MUST
- A proactive, meticulous and efficient team player with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments within deadlines
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.