Finance & Administration
Assistant Director – Finance & Administration
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Report to the Deputy Executive Director;
- Support the Management in formulating financial and operational objectives and plans for the organization and monitor the organization’s financial performance to meet with those defined objectives and plans;
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budget preparation, financial reporting and statutory audits;
- Advise, direct and coordinate resources in accordance with corporate policies & goals in respect of operations, human resources, financial performance and internal control;
- Assist in strategic planning, policy matters and corporate governance-related matters;
- Liaise with the Government on operational and funding matters;
- Oversee daily operations of corporate functions of Finance, HR, Administration and IT.
- Degree holder in Finance/Accountancy or related disciplines;
- Professional qualification in HKICPA or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in finance and administration with at least 5 years at managerial level;
- Experience in NGO or public sector would be an advantage;
- Proven analytical, organizational, problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize in a dynamic working environment;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.