Senior Project Manager - Events
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Plan and execute of HKDC flagship programmes, where a series of conferences, forums, exhibitions, gala dinners, awards and outreach/concurrent programmes will be involved;
- Undertake effective project and event management, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities;
- To build productive relationships with internal team members across programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure highly quality learning and engaging experience;
- To be well connected within the event and conference industry with good links with international service providers, agencies and business partners;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Degree holder with at least 10 years’ of relevant experience in event/exhibition management, communications or related fields; substantial experience in managing large-scale international conferences/events and knowledge of design and/or creative industries is preferred;
- Mission-oriented with a proven track record of navigating complexity, strong problem solving and interpersonal skills with creative thinking; ability to build effective and constructive relationship with both internal and external stakeholders and partners;
- Professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct, internal reporting and compliance requirements;
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English & Chinese (including Putonghua).
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or by email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.