Senior Project Manager, Event
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being. HKDC is a non-profit design promotion organisation and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government to advance Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. Our scope of work embraces promoting good design, cultivating design thinking, nurturing designer founders and design talents, and fostering enterprising creativity, collaborative synergy and innovation. Through content-driven programming and communication, we will step up efforts to foster wider & strategic use of design across professions, industries and the community.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Plan and execute of HKDC flagship programmes, where a series of conferences, forums, exhibitions, gala dinners, awards and outreach/concurrent programmes will be involved;
- Undertake effective project and event management, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities;
- To build productive relationships with internal team members across programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure highly quality learning and engaging experience;
- To be well connected within the event and conference industry with good links with international service providers, agencies and business partners;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Degree holder and an experienced event manager with at least 8 years’ proven track record of professional event management experience;
- Experience in managing large-scale international conferences/events is an advantage;
- Be a skilled project manager, who can manage multiple projects concurrently with competence, resilience and ability to plan, manage and deliver tasks on time, in quality and meet compliance and administration requirements;
- Mission-oriented with a proven track record of navigating complexity;
- Ability to build effective and constructive relationship with staff, external vendors and partners;
- Excellent quality management, time management, problem solving and people skills with creative thinking;
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English & Chinese and interpersonal skills, comfortably works in a culturally diverse environment
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.