Marketing & Communications
Senior Project Executive - Marketing Communications
Exciting Opportunity at Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include Business of Design Week (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands; DFA Awards (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective; Design Incubation Programme (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs; Fashion Asia Hong Kong (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; and Knowledge of Design Week (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
The incumbent will be expected to support the development of a strong positioning of HKDC in society and the regions via conceiving and implementing corporate strategies, marketing communications, public relations and promotion initiatives.
- Coordinate, execute and support a variety of corporate and marketing communications activities, public relations and promotion initiatives
- Develop communication and content plans to meet corporate and different programme objectives
- Drive and deliver a range of marketing communication materials, including but not limited to speeches, press release and media kit, corporate collaterals and newsletter, thought leadership editorial, marketing and social media content, surveys and research, etc
- Monitor and uphold branding and corporate identity of HKDC and affiliated programmes
- Manage corporate assets including printed collaterals, digital, visual and video content, corporate premiums, and online platforms e.g. website and social media channels, as well as the marketing database
- Effectively handle the overall coordination of corporate activities, from visits, launch events, media events, broadcasting programmes, salons and seminars, to exhibitions, and provide on-site support to corporate events and programme activities
- Work with internal stakeholders and external parties on the production of a range of HKDC publications, both online and offline
- Manage the overall communication plan and logistics of the corporate membership and partnership programmes
- Carry out other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- University graduate in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Translation
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in marketing, corporate communications or public relations
- Excellent copywriting skills in both English and Chinese, with fluent spoken English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Digital savvy, creative and passionate about communications, with sound knowledge of different social media and communication platforms and trends
- A self-motivated team-player with keen attention to details
- Flexible multi-taskers with strong organisational and time management skills
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.