Senior Project Executive (18-Month Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family
- 1.Effectively plan, organise, execute and deliver HKDC programmes and other special projects for nurturing young design talents.
- 2.Handle logistics and provide administrative support for efficient project management
- 3.Proactively and effectively research, liaise and coordinate with local/overseas design organisations, as well as design and creative programmes/activities
- 4.Formulate and implement marketing and promotion plan for the programme and/or projects to build heightened awareness and for expanding reach and impact
- 5.Digital outreach like social media, website management on programme promotion
- 6.Liaise and coordinate with both internal and external parties on daily operations
- 7.Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- 1.University graduate(s) with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in design industry-related developments (e.g. design education, experience-based programming, event management, exhibition management, marketing or media planning and management etc.)
- 2.Demonstration of strong interest in promoting design thinking, design knowledge and design industry
- 3.Proactive, detail-minded, responsible, adaptable and resourceful self-starter with tactful communication and interpersonal skills to working among diverse communities
- 4.Competency in project management
- 5.Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin)
- 6.Proficiency in MS Office and Chinese Word Processing; familiar with design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat etc.) is an advantage
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.