Marketing & Communications
Senior Manager - Corporate Communications
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family
The incumbent will be expected to support the development of a strong positioning of HKDC in society and the regions via conceiving and implementing corporate strategies, marketing communications, public relations and promotion initiatives.
- 1. Develop and execute a holistic and strategic communication plan to establish Hong Kong Design Centre as Hong Kong’s leading advocate in the design and creative communities
- 2. Manage a portfolio of corporate collaterals and entities, from corporate communications toolkits, brand documents, newsletter and publications, press releases and executive speeches, key messages and factsheets, thought leadership editorial, to digital and video assets, websites and social media accounts
- 3. Generate quality and engaging offline and online content to meet corporate and different programme objectives
- 4. Grow mindshare of Hong Kong Design Centre through own and earned media, strategic partnerships and public relations initiatives
- 5. Build thought leadership in design advocacy and design thinking in Hong Kong as well as overseas
- 6. Handle media, partnership and collaboration enquires, including interviews, media engagement, visits, cross marketing initiatives, etc.
- 7. Manage the overall communication plan and logistics of the corporate membership and partnership programmes
- 8. Carry out other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- 1. University graduate in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline
- 2. Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in marketing, corporate communications or public relations, and at least 3 years in supervisory role
- 3. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in both English and Chinese; fluent verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- 4. Experience in managing relationships with different internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership team, media, industry professionals, partners and government bodies is a definite plus
- 5. Experience in managing funding proposals and various vetting documents a plus
- 6. Digital savvy, creative and passionate about communications, with sound knowledge of different social media and communication platforms and trends
- 7. Strong project management skills, with ability to handle a variety of vendors, freelancers and contractors while juggling multiple projects
- 8. A self-motivated and collaborative team-player with keen attention to details
- 9. Flexible multi-taskers with strong organisational and time management skills
- 10. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager – Marketing Communications
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: email@example.com.. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised.Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.