Development & Special Projects
Senior Designer / Designer - Design & Production (1-Year Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Reporting to Project Consultant, you will be part of the project team to work on creative projects. Your role will be mainly focus on design execution and partially for project management of creative projects which consist of placemaking, event/ festival, programme and community activation.
- Supervise vendors or undertake design works to create new and original designs from scratch to production based on corporate and project specification, needs and brand image, deliverables will include but not limited to branding documents, advertising materials, printed collaterals and publications, digital and social media content, event and exhibition creative, etc.
- Coordinate and undertake design works for all related activities and programmes, including but not limited to placemaking, festival/ event, community activation, to ensure quality and timely delivery. In large scale events, will also need to brief, manage and supervise a variety of freelancers and vendors during execution.
- Be accountable for all creative resources and assets, maintaining a clear and systematic record of all artwork, visual and design output of the creative projects, branding exercises.
- Work and liaise with internal stakeholders, consultants, and external service providers, whenever required, for quality and on-brand creative outputs that are delivered on a timely basis.
- Bring a strong conceptual approach and a keen understanding of design thinking process, 3-dimensional space and the role of design and interventions at public space.
- Assist to generate quality and engaging offline and online content to meet different programme objectives
- Perform ad hoc projects and assignments as required.
- University /design college graduate in recognized institute with 5+ years relevant experience in professional design setting and design management
- Specialised in graphic design, visual communication, design management, ideally with knowledge of spatial design or urban planning, and with a diverse sector/discipline experience
- Good knowledge of branding, digital media and color theory, vendor management
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization is much preferred
- Experience in tourism marketing or placemaking or arts & cultural projects is an advantage
- Proficient in design applications, Adobe Creative Suite, In-Design, Dreamweaver and basic coding skills
- Strategic thinking, with creative flair and able to connect the dots
- Ownership, accountability and committed
- A good cultural fit with a passion for design and the industry
- An appreciation for style, and well presented
- Team player with initiative, good communication and problem-solving skills
- Good time management and capability of multitasking and working to tight timeline
- Immediate availability preferred
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Designer
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.