Project Manager, Fashion Incubation Programme (2-Year Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Looking for exciting opportunities to develop HK as the hub of Fashion in Asia?
Join our dynamic team in Hong Kong Design Centre
Your role, working closely with the Director of Fashion Programme, will:
- 1.Effectively plan, organize, implement and deliver the fashion talents nurturing programmes (site renovation, programmes and contents development, branding, marketing and communication…)
- 2.Monitor FIP day-to-day operations and liaise with both internal and external parties to ensure a valuable incubator experience.
- 3.Build FIP business network and talent pipelines by developing strong business partnerships with key partners and influencers.
- 4.Be responsible for managing FIP development including objectives, tactics, roadmaps, key milestones and key performance indicators.
- 5.Undertake effective project management, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities
- 6.Contribute to the dissemination of the fashion-related knowledge across traditional and digital platforms
- 7.Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- 1.Possess good university degree preferably in fashion-related / design-related disciplines with at least 6 years’ hand-on experience in managing fashion business including sales, production, e-commerce marketing and PR.
- 2.Highly knowledgeable in current and future practices, trends, techno and information affecting the fashion industry.
- 3.To be an out-of-the-box thinker who can transform conceptual ideas into practical project plans and is passionate in fashion and sensitive to local and international fashion community.
- 4.Have excellent communication skills in written and spoken English & Chinese with extensive knowledge of web and social media.
- 5.Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact comfortably with C-levels, Academics, Thoughts leaders and world class domain to experts.
- 6.Strong personal network and international exposure are essential.
- 7.Background in business development or Entrepreneurial experience + Passion for education or personal development would be a plus.
# Candidate with less experience may be considered as Assistant Project Manager, FIP (2-Year Contract)
* Renewal of employment contract will be subject to completion of service with satisfactory performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.