Development & Special Projects
Project Manager / Assistant Project Manager (1-year Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being. HKDC is a non-profit design promotion organisation and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government to advance Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. Our scope of work embraces promoting good design, cultivating design thinking, nurturing designer founders and design talents, and fostering enterprising creativity, collaborative synergy and innovation. Through content-driven programming and communication, we will step up efforts to foster wider & strategic use of design across professions, industries and the community.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Reporting to Project Consultant, you will be part of the enterprising team to deliver creative projects from concepts through to implementation in particular on design research, pleackmaking, festival production/event management, education programme and community activation. Your role is to bring a strong conceptual approach and a keen understanding of design thinking process, 3 dimensional space and the role of design and interventions at public space.
- University graduate with
- (Project Manager) 7+ years relevant experience with at least 3 years in managerial capacity;
- (Assistant Project Manager) 5+ years relevant experience;
- Specialised in Architecture, Interior Design, Design Management or related design disciplines, ideally with, a diverse sector/discipline experience;
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization;
- Strong cultural project, architectural & placemaking experience;
- Strategic thinking, with creative flair and able to connect the dots;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams;
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests;
- Ownership, accountability and committed;
- A good cultural fit with a passion for design and the industry;
- An appreciation for style, and well presented;
Immediate availability preferred
# Renewal of Contract subject to operation needs & satisfactory conduct and performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or by email to email@example.com . HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.