About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being. HKDC is a non-profit design promotion organisation and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government to advance Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. Our scope of work embraces promoting good design, cultivating design thinking, nurturing designer founders and design talents, and fostering enterprising creativity, collaborative synergy and innovation. Through content-driven programming and communication, we will step up efforts to foster wider & strategic use of design across professions, industries and the community.
- Ability to undertake programme on content research with responsibility for knowledge management, crafting and delivering high quality and creative programmes dedicated to advancing a design and innovation culture;
- Contribute to the dissemination of design-related knowledge across traditional and digital platforms for a range of audiences;
- Assist with exploring ideas for contents, writing and editing, proof reading and translation;
- Liaise and build excellent relationships with both internal and external parties across public and private sectors including, but not limited to, government agencies, academic partners, architects, designers, business executives, and local and overseas partners;
- Perform ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- A good university degree preferably in design, culture, art, language studies, communications, or related field;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience in research, content creation for website and social media platforms, and/or curatorial implementation;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese, with a flair for storytelling preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or interest in design is desirable but not essential;
- Sensibility to culture, trends and technology; understanding of the use of digital technologies for knowledge sharing would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and culturally diverse environment;
- A self-motivated and responsible individual, with original thinking, an appetite for knowledge and a keen eye for detail in all aspects of work.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.