Project Executive, Fashion Programme (2-Year Contract)
Exciting Opportunity at Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit design promotion organization and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in advancing Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. It is a public platform to help cultivate a design culture and to enhance the economic competitiveness and society well-being.
Fashion Asia HONGKONG
FASHION ASIA HONGKONG, part of the fashion initiative of HKSAR Government, combines insightful conversations, engaging interactions and cultural exchanges, reinforcing the city’s position as the Asian hub for fashion trade and business development.
The programme brings together brand executives, cutting-edge designer, conscious entrepreneurs, merchandisers, buyers, marketers, strategists and creatives from various fields to discuss the most pertinent issues facing the industry today, while providing insight and strategies to navigate the current market. With Hong Kong’s rich textile history and strong retail background, we aspire to reinvent Hong Kong’s position as a global hub for creative developments and innovations.
The event will take place in December with a two-day forum kick-starting this year’s Business of Design Week (BODW www.bodw.com) – Asia’s leading annual event promoting design, innovation and brands. Each year, BODW and its associated events attract 100,000 to 150,000 participants. We are now looking for an energetic team member to meet this challenging task.
- Facilitate the implementation of various fashion promotional initiatives, including fashion talents nurturing programmes, international competitions and exhibitions, and other promotional events etc.;
- Develop and implement marketing, promotion, communication, partnership and social media strategies of fashion-related programmes; and contribute to the dissemination of fashion-related knowledge across traditional and digital platforms;
- Perform effective project administrative in compliance with governance and administrative requirements;
- Relationship-building with industry partners and vendors to maximize the reach and effectiveness of the fashion initiatives;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University degree preferably in fashion-related disciplines;
- Possess 2+ years of relevant experience in marketing, communications and PR, preferably gained from fashion industry;
- To be passionate in fashion and well-versed of international fashion community and comfortably working in the fast-moving and highly diverse international fashion world;
- Sensibility to culture, trends and innovation is the key to succeed;
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English & Chinese;
- Creative, independent inquisitive mind, collaborative and good problem-solving abilities are essential;
- Understanding of the use of social media for knowledge sharing would be an advantage.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.