Project Executive, Contents (2-year contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being. HKDC is a non-profit design promotion organisation and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government to advance Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. Our scope of work embraces promoting good design, cultivating design thinking, nurturing designer founders and design talents, and fostering enterprising creativity, collaborative synergy and innovation. Through content-driven programming and communication, we will step up efforts to foster wider & strategic use of design across professions, industries and the community.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Work as a member of the contents team with responsibility for knowledge management, crafting and delivering high quality and creative programmes dedicated to the promotion of design;
- Participate in content research, development and curation and delivery of programmes, projects and workshops;
- Contribute to the dissemination of design-related knowledge across traditional and digital platforms for a range of audience; assist with exploring ideas for contents, writing and editing, proof reading and translation;
- Liaise and build excellent relationships with both internal and external parties across public and private sectors including, but not limited to, government agencies, academic and institutional partners, design professionals, business executives, and local and overseas partners;
Perform effective project management, assist in grant application, management and administrative tasks, and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- A good university degree preferably in art, language studies, cultural studies, social science, communications, or related field;
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience in content research, curatorial development and implementation;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese are essential, preferably with a flair for storytelling and creative writing;
- Sensibility to culture, trends and technology; understanding of the use of digital technologies for knowledge sharing would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and culturally diverse environment;
- A self-motivated and responsible individual, with original thinking, an appetite for knowledge, international experience, an ability to collaborate and a keen eye for detail in all aspects of work;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or interest in design is desirable but not essential.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.