Manager/ Assistant Manager - Event [2-Year Contract]
Exciting Opportunity at Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a dynamic design promotion agency, funded by HKSAR Government, who plays the core role in Hong Kong’s innovation ecosystem. We serve as an advocate and platform integrator to nurture and promote design talents, design thinkers and entrepreneurs, and to cultivate design mindfulness, an innovation mindset and culture through new knowledge, projects, events and fellowship.
We are looking for talents with creativity, motivation, resourcefulness and collaborative muscles to join our team to carry out HKDC’s mission of driving value creation and improving the well being of society.
The appointee will be responsible for the execution and operation of HKDC flagship programmes, where a series of conferences, forums, exhibitions, gala dinners, awards and outreach/concurrent programmes will be involved. The scope of work will cover budget planning and control, monitoring the work progress, building productive relationships with internal team members across programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure high-quality learning and engaging experience.
He/she is should be well connected within the event and conference industry with good links with international service providers, agencies and business partners.
- Degree holder and an experienced event manager with at least 6 years’ proven track record of professional event management experience;
- Substantial experience in managing large-scale international conferences/events;
- Mission-oriented with a proven track record of navigating complexity;
- Ability to build effective and constructive relationship with staff, external vendors and partners;
- Excellent quality management, time management, problem solving and people skills;
- Professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct, internal reporting and compliance requirements.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . HKDC reserves the right to consider late application and not to make appointment for the posts advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purposes.