Director, Programme (Enterprising Design)
Looking for exciting opportunit y to help Design a Bright Future ?
Join our dynamic team in Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is an integral player of Hong Kong’s innovation ecosystem and HKSAR Government’s strategic partner in promoting wider and strategic use of design. We serve as an advocate and platform integrator to foster good design and nurture and promote design talents and enterprising creativity. Our mission is also geared to cultivate design thinking for creative leadership and competitiveness, and an innovation culture for city advancement, economic value creation and societal well-being.
We are now looking for a creative, dynamic and personable project champion and team player to join us.
- To offer strategic advice and insight to Executive Director on the macro design scene, creative industry-related development and ways to enhance Hong Kong’s positioning as an international design hub in Asia;
- To lead a secretariat team on our incubation programmes, funded by CreateHK to nurture design and fashion entrepreneurs; and to supervise development of a well-run Design Incubation Programme and a new Fashion Incubation Programme;
- To lead a small development and special project team to spearhead and create new business opportunities that leverage on our programmes, platforms and resources;
- To work closely with HKDC management and relevant stakeholders to shape, plan and orchestrate development and organise resources for cost-effective, timely and experience-based delivery, with impact and compliance with management reporting and governance requirements;
- To direct projects from conceptual development, stakeholder engagement and relations, grant application to effective orchestration of resources and implementation covering programming, event production, marketing, audience engagement, partnership and overall project delivery;
- To foster a vibrant ecosystem through collaborative development, design promotion, marketing communication and active future learning;
- To build strong linkages with business, brands, innovation, creative, technology and manufacturing industries; and foster productive team-based behaviours within and across teams;
- To promote Hong Kong’s design, designers and brands, and nurture design start-ups and budding designers and build a strong circle of mentors and partners from business and industries;
- To undertake ad hoc tasks pertinent to the public mission as assigned by Executive Director
- University graduate with 10+ years relevant experience, preferably be resourceful in creative, design fashion or retail industry with knowledge of the value chain and good sensibility to trends, design and culture, and be content-driven;
- Be entrepreneurial, a keen learner, a team player and a good coach, and possess initiative, able leadership, integrity and excellent project management and people skills; and be hands-on, resilient and tactful with diverse stakeholders across public, non-profit and private sectors; and
- Be an effective communicator, facilitator, collaborator and project champion and be accountable to project delivery and meet statutory and internal reporting and compliance requirements.
Candidate with lesser experience may be appointed as Assistant/Associate Director
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.