Assistant Manager - Events [2-Year Contract]
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being. HKDC is a non-profit design promotion organisation and a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government to advance Hong Kong as an international design hub in Asia. Our scope of work embraces promoting good design, cultivating design thinking, nurturing designer founders and design talents, and fostering enterprising creativity, collaborative synergy and innovation. Through content-driven programming and communication, we will step up efforts to foster wider & strategic use of design across professions, industries and the community.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
The appointee will be responsible for the execution and operation of HKDC flagship programmes, which including forums, exhibitions, gala dinners, awards and outreach/concurrent programmes. The scope of work will cover budget planning and control, monitoring the work progress, building productive relationships with internal team members across programming, partnership, marketing and communications, and a wide range of stakeholders to manage expectations and ensure high-quality learning and engaging experience. Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- Degree holder with at least 6 years’ of relevant experience in event/exhibition management, communications or related fields;
- Substantial experience in managing large-scale international conferences/events and knowledge of design and/or creative industries is preferred
- Excellent quality management, time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Able to meet statutory, industry code of conduct, internal reporting and compliance requirements.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.